- Workers compensation only pays two thirds of your salary while injured up to $3000 per month.
- The insurance company only has to pay for what they consider reasonable and necessary so every procedure you want may not be covered
- If you are denied workers compensation benefits, you do not receive medical care and lost wages while you appeal your decision. This is why it is vital to contact an attorney as soon as you receive your denial.
- The insurance company can require you to see their doctors and require you to attend an independent medical exam. If you refuse, they can terminate your benefits.
- Workers compensation is not there to make you rich. It exists to make you whole. Whether or not your employer was negligent when you got hurt does not matter for workers compensation. You need to contact a personal injury attorney if you believe your employer was negligent. Workers compensation is there to make up for lost wages, lost earning potential and medical care.
Workers compensation can be a complicated process and insurance companies can be very difficult to deal with. If you feel you have been mistreated, please contact us so we can evaluate your case at (602)343-1495.