3. Because healthcare.gov is not the only option. All private insurance companies are having open enrollment right now. You have way more options than you think you do. Call an insurance agent or your own insurance company to see if a different plan might work for you. The worst that can happen is you find out that your current plan is the best option for you and you stay where you're at.
4. Because you can't be denied for preexisting conditions! This is a nice change. Insurance companies just want to know if you're a smoker and what age you are. If you're worried that insurance will be too expensive because of your medical conditions, you're wrong.
5. Because there will be a tax penalty for being uninsured. In 2015, if you make more than $10,000 and you're uninsured, you will either pay 2% of your income or $325 per person in your family (whichever is more) if you're not insured. The penalty is only going to go up.
6. Because if you do become disabled, you'll have to prove it. It's very hard to prove disability without insurance. Even if your injury is covered by workers' compensation, the insurance company doesn't always pay for everything. Long term disability companies and Social Security need proof that you're disabled. Plus, you will get off disability a lot faster if you can actually treat your illness.
6. Because having health insurance is wonderful! You can go to the doctor when you're sick. You don't stay up late at night worrying that a broken ankle will ruin you financially. You can get your entire family vaccinated. Every cough and rash and ache will seem far less scary if you know you can see a doctor without breaking the bank.
Sign up for insurance and explore your options today! Call The Foster Law Firm at (844)303-0735 with any questions about Social Security.